CBS Casts Lucy Liu as Watson.

See article here.

All right, at least they’re putting some apparent effort in it, so I will watch the first episode of Elementary. But CBS is playing kamikaze there, “Sherlock” ruined most kinda nice shows I’ve seen before by its brilliance, so they’ll have to do at least an EXCELLENT job to survive. And if they involve female Liu!Watson and Sherlock in some kind of a lover’s relashionship (they will), I’ll draw a yellow smiley face on them and shoot.
I’m in for a platonic-frienship with no sexual tension intended between them though, ‘cause that would be an actual pledge for female/male friendship. And Liu should marry a Mary. That’d be cool.

Fan reactions to that choice are mixed up, so I'll just interview Tumblr for that.
Tumblr: America needs to stop being racist and sexist, pay more attention to women and PoC ok
CBS:
Hey guys guess what we decided Watson should be played by a Taiwanese, female actress in our version of Sherlock Holmes
Tumblr:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T DO THAT HOW DARE YOU I AM BOYCOTTING YOUR SHOW I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS IS THE WORST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks you for leaving a comment! Thank you for sharing Sherlock stuff! Please be precise about your references (title, autor, link...) Thank you again!